SCEVA is currently working on the following projects:
- Reaching out to local municipalities regarding their zoning bylaws. SCEVA is asking that all new buildings, single family, multi-family and commercial be pre-wired for electric vehicle chargers and rooftop solar arrays in order to future-proof them and eliminate unsightly wiring on building exteriors. We had good reception from the District of Sechelt and are now approaching the Town of Gibsons and the SCRD. We may consider approaching the Province in the future.
- SCEVA is presently developing rules for proper etiquette at charging stations. Once the wording is complete we will develop a metallic sign with inscribed writing. The sign will consist of the name of the charger or town, proper etiquette rules and SCEVA’s credentials at the bottom as well as a tag line such as Leading the Charge.
- SCEVA is working on a catchy tag line that will be included on all our communications in order to further our brand. This will help with receiving credit where credit is due and recognition where applicable.
- SCEVA is looking to have our LOGO modernized. This will pair with the newly created tag line.
- We are going to develop a line of apparel, T Shirts, Jackets, Hats etc. This will help make our association more visible and help with fund raising.
- SCEVA is working to launch our YouTube channel where we will have short videos of EV life on the coast and to spread the message of the great benefits of EVs. Some videos will be educational and some will be just for fun.
- Events we hope to be able to bring in 2021 are the Electric Vehicle Festival, In car meet-ups and the now famous Festival of Silent Lights